- Daily Schedule
- Early Dismissal
- Emergency Closing of School
- One-Hour Delay of School Opening
- Tardiness Policy
- Should it be necessary for your child to leave school prior to the regular dismissal, you must send a written note or Dismissal Change Form to your child’s teacher in the morning. Parent/guardian is also required to check into the office and sign the child out of the building in our Student Log.
- It is recommended that students not be dismissed early from school for reasons other than Doctor/ Dentist appointments or Family emergencies. Whenever possible, please try to schedule medical and dental appointments during non-school hours.
- In order to avoid excessive classroom interruptions and reduce possible confusion, last minute phone calls and unexpected pickups are highly discouraged.
In the event school closure due inclement weather, or other emergencies, automated calls and emails are sent to the primary contact(s) listed for each student.
Additionally, announcements will be on radio stations:
- 630 WPRO
- 92 PRO-FM
- LITE ROCK 105
- TV Channels 6, l0, and 12.
Please do not tie up the phone lines by calling the school.
The following procedure is in the event that an elementary school is forced to dismiss early:
- Each parent/guardian should have a plan with his/her child explaining to the child where he/she is to go in the event that school dismisses early. Forms are available in the office.
- Kindergarten children will be placed on the school bus. The bus will go door-to-door. If no one is home, the child will be returned to the school and the parent/guardian will be called.
- If the dismissal is for any reason other than inclement weather, the school will attempt to call the parent/guardian of the child. If a parent/guardian cannot be reached, an emergency number for the person(s) authorized to pick-up the child will be called. If the school cannot reach anyone, the child will be instructed to follow the early dismissal plan referred to in #1.
- There will be no school for Morning Kindergarten and buses will pick up students in grades 1 – 6 one hour after their regularly scheduled time.
- Students may arrive at school at 9:00 a.m. Students should arrive at school between 9:00 and 9:10 and line up in multipurpose room in the designated area for their grade level.
- No supervision is provided before 9:00 a.m. unless students are participating in the Breakfast Program.
- Children who arrive after the bell rings will be considered “tardy” or late.
- The only excuses for tardiness are: medical emergencies and doctor’s appointments with Doctor signed notes.
- Major family problems and problems with transportation (bus or car breakdowns) and inclement weather are note but not formally excused.
- Repeated tardiness to school is unacceptable and students are allowed only two (2) latenesses per quarter in the Warwick Public Schools.